Aina Nadzir
It's sad to drive down the Federal Highway every morning, and only able to spot 1 or 2 flags waved on a car from thousands of cars!

Ppl question, what's so big deal about waving flags? I paid my taxes! I show ma patriotism that way! True. You are married. You wear your ring. You pay for home groceries every month. You are definitely showing your commitment in the relationship from that. So, why do you send flowers and cards and gifts on special occasions?

Paying taxes and keeping the town clean is not so much of a way to show ur appreciation to the country. It's your responsibility! Paying taxes is for your own future comfort. Keeping your town clean is also the same. When you go to dirty public toilet, how do you judge the condition? Dirty? Clean? You make the difference. If EACH and everyone take responsibility of their own doing, then the toilet wouldnt be freakingly dirty, now would it?

Anyways, put the toilet issue aside. What I'm trying to say is that, what's so difficult to wave a RM3 worth of flag on your car (or is it cheaper?) It's the SIMPLEST way to show how much you appreciate the effort the past soldiers and everyone else did to give independence to our country. Just imagine if they hadn't done that. Seriously. Take a pause and just think. Will you be enjoying what you do now? Will you even have the freedom u do now? How would our country be?

I'm proud to say, I'm more than proud to have my flag waved on my Perdana V6. I'm proud to be Malaysian. There's A LOT of rooms for improvements with the way our country works, but I'm proud of the accomplishment so far. Nothing is perfect in life. Even we at times (or maybe most of the time) can't manage our lives well. Imagine managing the country. There will always be someone to point out your mistakes.

Why buy flags and wave just for 1 occasion when you can spend that money elsewhere? Ok..let me ask you, why buy flowers that cost you hundreds of ringgit for a short-term affection, and it will just die within days? same reasons, right?

So just think of it. It's the simplest way of saying "thank you". and it's just once a year. :)

HAPPY 50TH MERDEKA MALAYSIA!
0 Responses