Aina Nadzir
Today, I received a call from my lecturer/associate dean from MMU. "Your interview is on the 16th of February. Are you still interested?"

Sometimes it's hard when you have options to pick from in life. When I first came to TM, I didn't have many choices. I was placed in Sales in Kedah. But since I made early preparation and moved to KL, I worked ma ass off to get placement here in KL during ma 1st 3 days as a working adult. Finally got a placement in Global Business, Product Marketing, in TM HQ..in Menara TM.

It's ma 4th month here now. I'm finally..slowly getting the grip about ma work. I'm even gonna take tuition classes with ma boss starting next month ..every friday after work..just so I can get better understanding and learn faster. Surprisingly, even though most of the time I'm considered a fast learner, I'm not in Global Business. I'm doing numbers and accounts..and queries..and the worst..BILLING! I'm not interested in ANY!


The call I received today seems to be God's answer to ma prayers, of hoping to be able to work with sthing Im good at and have passion in. But, it means leaving TM. Can i do that?

People who knows me well will know I'll pick formal dinner against party. I can be considered quite formal. I enjoy dressing up in white collar to work. But ofcourse that doesnt mean Ive forgotten ma faided jeans and my should-get-a-new-pair-of-shoe-already Converse shoe. :P

I love the working environment here. Despite the fact that im doin sthing i didnt learn for the past 4 years, or even anything Im interested with...i find it challenging, in a good way. Because, I believe that behind every cloud, there's a silver lining. Im learning about the other perspective of a business organization that others dont see. Its difficult ofcourse, but its a learning process. I'm not saying I love it. But, I think I can go through it. I take it as a challenge to prove to maself that I can not only survive doing what i dont enjoy doing, but be really good with it. And the potential for me to rise up is higher here.

But at the same time, I would love to be doing sthing im good at, and have deep passion in. Branding. MMU can offer me that. I can teach and pass my knowledge about sthing I love to the next generation. But..where else can I go after becoming a lecturer? Ass. dean? Dean? Then? I feel like ..its a secured job for someone who just love it the way it is. I dont want to see my days as a routine..

But, there are so many things to consider to make this decision...too many that it aches ma head and heart to think. What should I do? Should I leave TM and be a tutor in MMU or stay on in TM and work in a field I dont enjoy in.

I have 3 weeks to decide the choice of ma life...
0 Responses